Muaitheabhal Community Wind Farm Trust was established as a Scottish Charitable trust in 2010. (Scottish Charity number SCO41621)
The Trust has the following charitable purposes:
- The trustees hold the trust fund for the benefit of the residents of the Western Isles (Comhairle nan Eilean Siar council area) who are in need by reason of age, ill health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- The trustees shall apply the trust fund for the benefit of the residents within the defined trust area (see definition of trust area below) as shown in the Deed of Appointment. The trustees may also at their sole discretion apply the trust fund for the benefit of the inhabitants of the Western Isles as they see fit in order:-
- To promote and provide facilities, or to assist in the provision of facilities and activities for recreational and other leisure time occupations so that the inhabitants’ condition of life may be improved, whether working alone or in association with the local statutory authorities, voluntary organisations, groups and inhabitants.;
- To advance education and educational opportunities for the benefit of inhabitants of all ages; and
- To promote and actively carry out the conservation, preservation and restoration of the environment, heritage of the Western Isles, including the promotion of sustainable development of crofting land and traditional farming methods.